Reconsignment or Diversion
Issue Date: 11/16/2017 (1st Revised)
Effective Date: 12/1/2017
A request for the reconsignment or diversion of a shipment will be subject to the following definitions, conditions and charges:
1 Definitions of Reconsignment or Diversion
- A change in the name of the Consignor or Consignee.
- A change in the place of delivery within the original destination point.
- A change in the destination point.
- Requests must be made in writing and DUBL must be satisfied that the party making the request has the authority to do so. Conditional or qualified requests will not be accepted.
- DUBL will make a diligent effort to execute a request for reconsignment but will not be responsible if such service is not effected.
- All charges applicable to the shipment whether accrued or accruing must be paid or guaranteed to the satisfaction of DUBL before reconsignment will be made.
- Only entire shipments, not portion of shipments may be reconsigned.
- A request for reconsignment will not be considered valid unless and until the original Bill of Lading is surrendered for cancellation, endorsed or exchanged.
- Requests for reconsignment of C. O. D. shipments will be accepted only from the consignor.
- The assessed charges will be the responsibility of the party requesting the reconsignment only, unless another party agrees in writing to the satisfaction of DUBL to be responsible for the assessed charges. In the case of the latter, the party requesting the reconsignment will be responsible for obtaining and forwarding to DUBL satisfactory written authorization from the part to be billed for the applicable charges.
|If Reconsignment results in a change:||In the name of the Consignee with no change in place of delivery||In the place of delivery within the original destination point||In the destination point|
|And reconsignment occurs||The charges will be|
|Prior to tender of delivery||$35.00||$35.00||Published tariff rate to and from the reconsignment point + $35.00|
|After tender of delivery||A charge of $3.50 per 100 pounds subject to a minimum charge of $35.00 and maximum charge of $350.00 + $35.00||A charge of $3.50 per 100 pounds subject to a minimum charge of $35.00 and maximum charge of $350.00 + $35.00||Published tariff rate to and from the reconsignment point + $35.00|
4 Remarking, Labeling or Tagging
- An additional charge of $1.50 per package or piece of freight which requires remarking, labeling, or tagging subject to a minimum charge of $25.00 per shipment will be charged.