Pick-Up and Delivery Service
Issue Date: 8/1/2012
Effective Date: 8/1/2012
Except as otherwise provided, rates in Tariffs governed by this Tariff include one pickup and loading and one delivery and unloading or one tender for delivery of a shipment by DUBL at one site, subject to the following:
- Freight tendered for loading or unloading shall be so situated by the Consignor as to be directly accessible to the vehicle, or it shall be immediately adjacent to a parking space suitable for DUBL to place its vehicle for loading.
- Freight must be tendered for loading and unloading during the regularly scheduled business hours and business days of DUBL.
- DUBL will furnish only one person per vehicle for loading or unloading except as provided in Extra Labor.
- The Consignor or Consignee may elect to waive the loading or unloading of freight by DUBL as provided in the Item by performing at their own expense the loading or unloading of shipments on or from DUBL’s vehicle.
- Loading and unloading service does not include assembling, packaging, unpacking, dismantling or inspecting, sorting or segregating freight
- Loading or unloading service does not include furnishing by DUBL or the use by DUBL’s employee of rigging or special loading or unloading equipment such as platform vehicle (other than hand trucks), winches, cranes, jacks, blocks or falls, chain falls or other special equipment used in hoisting, lowering, handling or placing freight in positions. When such equipment is required in loading or unloading, the Consignor or Consignee, as the case may be, shall furnish it and the necessary labor to operate such equipment at their expense, and shall assume responsibility for safe loading or unloading.
- Where the Consignor’s or Consignee’s shipping or receiving facilities are not Reasonably level with floor level of DUBL’s vehicle, or where on account of weight, dimensions, or physical characteristics of pieces or packages the shipment cannot be handled by one person, Consignor or Consignee must furnish adequate means by which the freight can be moved onto or off of DUBL’s vehicle. In the absence thereof, rates in Tariffs governed by this Tariff will not include loading or unloading, except that DUBL’s employee will render assistance