Detention Charges – Vehicles With Power Units
Issue Date: 6/5/2015 (1st revised)
Effective Date: 6/12/2015
- This item applies only when vehicles are delayed or detained at the premises of pickup or delivery and only when such delay or detention is not attributable to DUBL. Commencement for the computation of time shall begin when the driver, or a party for DUBL, has notified a responsible party for either the Consignor if detention occurs at pickup or Consignee if detention occurs at delivery, of the arrival of the vehicle for loading or unloading. A representative of the responsible party shall notate on the shipping document (either Bill of Lading or Delivery Receipt) the commencement and completion times. If the responsible party refuses to notate the required times, a party for DUBL may do so. Such notation will be binding to both parties. Payor of record will be responsible for applicable charges.
- The detention charge will be $30.00 per 15 minutes or fraction thereof, subject to a minimum charge of $60.00. Detention charges shall begin after the expiration of 30 minutes of free time.
- When a vehicle with power is changed to a vehicle without power at the request of the consignor or consignee, the free time and detention charges will be applied as follows:
- If the change is requested and made before the expiration of free time for a vehicle with power, free time will cease immediately at the time the request is made, and detention charge for vehicles without power will immediately commence with no further free time allowed.
- If the change is requested and made after the expiration of free time for a Vehicle with power, free time and detention charges will be computed on the basis of a vehicle with power up to the time the change was requested. In addition, the vehicle will immediately be charged detention for vehicles without power, with no further free time allowed.