Issue Date: 9/28/2015 (1st revised)
Effective Date: 10/5/2015
C.O.D. Shipments will be accepted for transportation by DUBL, subject to the following:
- The amount of the C.O.D. must be noted on the Bill of Lading at the time shipment is tendered to DUBL.
- The charge for collecting and remitting the amount of each C.O.D. shipment will be 4% of the C.O.D. amount, subject to a minimum charge of $35.00.
- Only the following forms of payment will be accepted in payment of the C.O.D. amount:
- Cash up to a maximum of $250.00;
- Bank Cashier’s Checks
- Bank Certified Check
- Money Order
- Personal Check of the consignee when so authorized in writing or by endorsement on the Bill of Lading and shipping order by the consignor.
DUBL will accept only written requests from the consignor to return the shipment or to amend the Bill of Lading provisions on C.O.D. shipments subject to the provisions of this item by increasing, reducing, canceling or changing the form of payment of C.O.D. amounts, subject to the following:
- The charge for any amendment regarding the C.O.D. shall be $25.00 per shipment.
- All charges accrue under this item must be prepaid or guaranteed to the satisfaction of DUBL.
- DUBL does not obligate themselves to accept the changes provided herein but upon request, a reasonable effort will be made to do so.
- If a request to amend the provisions of a C.O.D. shipment is received after the shipment has been tendered for delivery and refused by the consignee, the shipment will also be assessed the applicable redelivery charge in addition to the charge for amending the C.O.D. Consignor must guarantee payment of both charges to the satisfaction of DUBL.
Shipments must be tendered on “Uniform Straight Bill of Lading” with the letters “C.O.D.” stamped, typed, or wrote on all Bill of Ladings and shipping orders immediately before name of consignee: or “C.O.D.” in red letters at least one inch in height with thickness of stroke 1⁄4 inch thick or greater must be stamped or printed across the face of the bill of lading.
Carrier will not accept shipments with a value of more than $3000.00. If carrier inadvertently accepts a COD shipment with the amount higher than $3000.00, carrier’s maximum exposure for collection, if any, will not exceed $3000.00.